- Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD
- COVID-19 District Information
COVID-19 District Information
- COVID-19 District Information
- COVID-19 Dashboard
- COVID-19 News Archive
- District Reopening Plans
- Safety and Hygiene Tips
- COVID-19 Staff Questionnaire Form
District Response Archive (Spring 2020)
- District Response #9 | Covid Testing Centers | May 5
- District Response #8 | Grading Procedures | April 17, 2020
- District Response #7 | April 17, 2020
- District Response #6 | April 13, 2020
- District Response #5 | April 1, 2020
- District Response #4 | March 24, 2020
- District Response #3 | March 19, 2020
- District Response #2 | March 18, 2020
- District Response #1 | March 12, 2020
- District Response #0 | March 12, 2020
- Access To Facilities Memo
- Frequently Asked Questions for Parents
- Public Health Instructions during a Pandemic
- Tips for Parents on Coping with Pandemic
- External Links
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
PSJA ISD School Board of Trustees approves final phase of districtwide air purifiers installation
PHARR - To continue safeguarding students and staff across the district, the Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD School Board of Trustees approved the purchase of additional air purifiers to be installed at remaining campuses and facilities districtwide during the called board meeting of Monday, April 12, 2021.
“We are thankful to our School Board of Trustees for approving these much-needed investments to help us maintain the health and safety of our students and staff at the forefront,” said PSJA Superintendent Dr. Jorge L. Arredondo. “These generators will help give our staff, students and parents peace of mind as we continue reopening our schools and facilities.”
Since December 2020, PSJA ISD’s Division of Operations’ H-VAC team has installed more than 600 air purifiers as an additional measure to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The team plans to install an additional 800 units consisting of iWave-C Commercial IAQ Ion Generators, 400 iWave-R residential air cleaners, and 45 iWave-M 18 flexible air purifiers.
The iWave-C Commercial Air Cleaners significantly reduce a wide range of pathogens in the breathing zone and on hard non-porous surfaces, according to independent lab tests. As part of the air purification system, benefits include:
Killing bacteria and viruses such as E. coli, Staph, MRSA and Tuberculosis
Kills airborne mold
Eliminating allergens, such as dust and pet odors
Eliminating asthma attack triggers
According to PSJA School Board President Jorge Zambrano these investments showcase the School Board’s commitment to provide what is best for all students and staff.
“We are proud to come together as a board and support the health and safety of our students and staff with these additional extra measures,” said Zambrano. “We thank our PSJA H-VAC team for their hard work in helping install these purifiers across our district.”
The next reopening phase for PSJA students who wish to come back to in-person learning is Monday, April 19, 2021. All PSJA ISD teachers and staff are officially back in their classrooms, schools and offices eager to welcome more students back.
For more information about PSJA ISD’s Reopening plan and the safeguards the district is taking, please click here.