What are the PSJA Academies?
PSJA ISD students from any district high school are eligible to apply to be part of the PSJA Academies.
The PSJA Academies, provide additional hands-on learning in various specific fields of study supporting students as they work to obtain a Certificate or an Associate Degree from South Texas College. Through a cohort approach, students build positive relationships, receive rigorous instruction; as well as receive academic, emotional and social support to successfully complete the coursework.
Students enrolled in the PSJA Academies continue to attend their home high school. They travel to the Academies' site only for designated hours for academy coursework.
Who can participate?
Students from all PSJA ISD High Schools in grades 11th & 12th. Interested students must apply their 10th grade year.
If you have any questions, please call 354-2044.
Fields of Study Available - Fall 2019
- School of Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM)
- Biology Academy ◊
- Computer Science Academy ◊
- Mathematics Academy ◊
- School of Business & Industry
- Business Administration Academy ◊
- Management Technology Academy *
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology Academy *
- Automotive Technology Academy *
- Cybersecurity Technology Academy*
- Electrician Assistant Technology Academy *
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration (HVAC) Technology Academy *
- Welding Technology Academy *
- Diesel Technology Academy *
- Pathways Toward Independence (PTI) Program +
- School of Public & Health Services
- Criminal Justice Academy ◊
- Social Work Academy ◊
- Paralegal Academy ●
- Education Academy ◊
- Emergency Medical Technology (EMT) Academy *
- Basic Firefighter Technology*
- School of Arts & Humanities
- Advertising/Public Relations Academy ◊
- Graphic Arts Academy ◊
PSJA Academies Key:
◊ Associate Degree of Arts/Science -Designed for students who plan to continue to a 4-year university upon graduation.
● Associate Degree of Applied Science – Transferable 100% to South Texas College to complete Bachelor of Applied Technology.
* College Certificate Stackable Credential – Students are able to apply their completed credits toward an Associate of Applied Science Degree at South Texas College.
+ Programs Aligned to Academic Cluster
No. PSJA students will continue to attend their home high school and will only travel to the Academies' sites for designated hours and academy coursework.
Students enrolled in the Academies will have additional hands-on learning in the field of study of their choice. Students enrolled will also be part of: College Tours, Learning Labs & Workshops, Learn from Guest Speakers, will receive assistance as they Transition to the University and more...
Yes. Transportation to and from home high school campus will be provided for all students attending the PSJA Academies.