"Conserving energy today will lead to a brighter future for our students tomorrow".
The Department of Energy is committed to systematically control and reduce the cost of utilities; project future utility costs and select better rates within electric service providers (ESP) in deregulated markets; and plan for replacement of inefficient equipment including building automation control systems.
The Department of Energy is dedicated to the efficiency of energy use in the Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District. This is primarily accomplished by using our automated control system. By monitoring the automated control system, labor requirements are reduced and prompt responses to problems are facilitated. Building utility is tracked and discrepancies are investigated to maximize the reduction in energy consumption, utility, and fuel costs without sacrificing human comfort and safety.
The Department of Energy objectives are:
- Work toward achieving a cost avoidance on energy usage
- Focus on cost-effective operations and on timely support to schools
- Effectively identify inefficient equipment and acquire with high-energy- efficient ratio (EER) replacements
- Effectively control utility waste
- Plan and forecast future consumption of utilities
- Keep abreast of all innovations that can reduce energy usage in schools
- Work with building principals and committees to determine ways to reduce energy consumption
- Make changes to school cooling plants that will reduce the use of energy
- Keep track of District energy consumption
- Communicate total cost avoidance to staff and the public
Department of Energy
T: (956) 354-2061
F: (956) 354-3020
Address: 800 S. Stewart Rd., San Juan, TX. 78589
Jaime Barboza, Energy Manager
Julie Muñoz, Secretary
Rene Molina, EMS Tech/Operator
Ricardo Ramos, HVAC Lead Technician
Jorge Rodriguez, Test & Balance Technician