What is Advanced Academics?
The PSJA ISD Advanced Academics Department provides guidance and support to all K-12 campuses in the district. The Advanced Academics Department serves all advanced learners as well as the gifted and talented identified students.
The main purpose of the Advanced Academics Department and Gifted and Talented program is to provide an enhanced academic environment for students with advanced learning abilities in order to strengthen their knowledge, skills, and experiences. We endeavor to stress the development of independent learners by encouraging and supporting in-depth learning and creative thinking.
The Advanced Academics Department coordinates and oversees a multitude of programs for PSJA ISD.
- UIL Academics: Elementary, Middle School, and High School
- Texas High School Mock Trial Competition
- Capstone – High School
- Mini-Capstone – 8th Grade
- Scripps National Spelling Bee
- MS Robotics - First Robotics
- Student Space Flight Experiment Program
- Advance Placement Testing
Gifted and Talented Program