Mission and Vision Statement
PSJA Memorial Early College High School
Vision: Every PSJA student is prepared to participate, compete, and excel in a global society to foster multi-generational prosperity.
Mission: As educational leaders, the PSJA team is engaged and empowered to connect all students with innovative instruction, outstanding facilities, technology, skills, and social-emotional support while prioritizing health and safety for all – from early childhood through their chosen career. As one PSJA family, we build on our legacy of academic excellence, renowned college and career readiness, biliteracy and extracurricular programs, and our multicultural heritage to ensure every student has the experiences and resources necessary to achieve the highest levels of success.
To ensure that all students graduate prepared to succeed in institutions of higher education and/or the career of their choice.
- Global Awareness
- Responsible/Accountable for own actions
- Survival skills (money management)
- Interpersonal skills/Communication
The City of Alamo is located in the South Texas area known as the Rio Grande Valley. Alamo, Texas, has five elementary schools, two middle schools and one high school. This town was incorporated in 1924, and it was named for the Alamo Land and Sugar Company, is 240 miles south of the more famous Texas Alamo Mission, and is near the Mexico-U.S. border. It is located in an area of abundant vegetable farming and citrus groves, and it is a noted winter resort/retirement town. Alamo is also one of the Rio Grande Valley's gateways to Mexico, via U.S. Route 281 and Nuevo Progreso, Tamaulipas. Alamo's population was just 14,760 at the time of the 2000 U.S. Census. In 2009, the population was 17,526.
- Public Four Year High School
- Grades 9th - 12th High School Degree & College Associates Degrees
- Accreditation: Texas Education Agency
- Scheduling: Alternating A/B Day Schedule
- Four 90 Minute Blocks Per Day (15 Minute Advisory Period Daily)
- Academic Counselors - 6
- Migrant Counselor - 1
- Financial Aid Officer - 1
- Partnerships: South Texas College, The University of Texas Pan-American, and Texas State Technical College
- Hispanic 99%
- Non Hispanic 1%
PSJA Memorial High School is committed to constructing and maintaining an exemplary and safe educational community that ensures the success of all students by providing diverse and challenging opportunities.
- Family Involvement
- We believe administration, teachers and staff pledge to work with families to build and maintain relationships of mutual trust, confidence and respect with parents and students.
- We believe to establish a positive learning environment; all faculty must strive to encourage parents to actively participate in their children’s educational experience.
- Behaviors and Relationships
- We believe students are most likely to make personal choices for success when their psychological needs are being met and a safe and caring environment is provided.
- We believe teacher-student relationships must be fostered by trust, honesty and respect in order for students to feel academically motivated and emotionally connected to school.
- Responsive Pedagogy
- We believe that appropriately organized high quality instruction will keep students actively engaged and on task.
- We believe teachers should approach making a connection with students’ prior knowledge by incorporating enthusiasm and appropriate humor in regards to lessons.
- We believe employing varied active teaching strategies in conjunction with a demanding curriculum results in a high-quality education for all students.
- We believe students will be engaged in learning when teachers make the most efficient use of time, instruction is adjusted and organized, and when teachers serve a smaller community of learners.
- Concern for Others
- Quality Work
- We expect all staff members to intentionally act in a manner that will help all students attain high levels of academic learning.
- We expect all students to actively engage in the learning process, to respect self, peers and staff, and to demonstrate concern for others.
- We expect all staff members to act according to the School Excellence Pathways, i.e., to contribute to the school’s purpose and vision, to continuously act on best knowledge, and incorporate school beliefs, values, and expectations.
- We expect all staff members to be positive and act professionally and responsible in all behaviors and relationships.
- We expect all staff members to abide by the Professional Code of Conduct.
- We expect all staff actions will be consistent with the School Excellence Pathways, i.e., contributing to our purpose and vision, committing to knowledge for decision-making, and living our beliefs, values, and expectations.
- We expect all staff members will maintain high moral standards.
A Wolverine is: Positive, Responsible, Optimistic, University-Bound, and Dedicated. A Wolverine is PROUD!The Fight Song
Hail to our Mighty Wolverines,
Excellence is What we Dream,
Faith and Loyalty,
Stand True to our Team.
Face the Challenge as your Spirit Carries On!
Wolverines are We,
With Pride and with Honor,
Hail to our School!
We Treasure your Spirit, Loyal and True!
We Dream of our Future, Plan for Success,
PSJA Memorial High School Leads to our Quest!