Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD

Logo Title


All Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD high schools will be assisting Seniors and Alumni still in college with completing financial aid applications.
During this annual event, the school's Go Centers, located at every high school, open to help student and families fill out their financial aid forms. Students will receive assistance with college applications, scholarship assistance and more. 
These efforts are led by the district's College Transition Department who work diligently to ensure all PSJA students transition to higher education after high school and successfully complete a college degree. 

Filing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is an extremely important part of the college application process. This paperwork helps the U.S. Department of Education connect about 15 million upcoming college students with over $150 billion in education funding. This money is provided to students in the form of grants, loans, and federal work-study opportunities. Find out more here: Understanding the FAFSA

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for Financial Aid?

The FAFSA application is available at: Should you need assistance completing the application, please contact your High School Go Center or our PSJA College Transition Office or visit your college/university Student Financial Services office.

What do I need to apply for Financial Aid?
You will need the following information to apply for financial aid:

  • FSA User ID
  • Social Security number & Date of Birth
  • Current income tax return for you and/ or your parent(s)/spouse.
  • W-2 forms
  • Other Financial information, such as: pensions, worker's compensation, child support received or paid, etc.

Is there a deadline to apply for financial aid?
Priority deadline is March 15th; however, you should know that the longer you wait to complete the application process, the less likely you are to receive additional aid. Also note, if you apply late, your financial aid may not be available to pay registration on time. In this event late applicants may be asked to use their own resources to cover any charges. When in doubt, call or visit the financial aid office for assistance.

Do I have to apply every year?
Yes, a new FAFSA must be submitted every year.

When do I apply for financial aid?
Apply for financial aid as soon as your tax return is complete. Applying early enables you to participate in the first financial aid packaging run. Subsequent packaging runs may have less grant money available. When you submit a complete FAFSA, the college/university can determine your eligibility for Federal and State grants.

What happens after I apply for Financial Aid?
If you mailed the FAFSA, you should receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) in the mail about four to six weeks from the date it was mailed. If you submitted your FAFSA electronically, you should receive a Student Aid Acknowledgement statement in the mail two weeks after submitting.