Family & Community Engagement Department
Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD’s Family & Community Engagement model was developed to significantly increase the number of parents engaged in their child’s education. It is the mission of the program to develop powerful, strong relationships with family, school and community partners, to help strengthen schools, improve student achievement and increase opportunities for families to become actively engaged in their child’s learning.
Who can participate?
- ALL parents of current PSJA ISD students are able to participate.
- To remain eligible, parents must volunteer a minimum of 15 hours at their child’s designated campus each semester.
- This engagement program is designed for all PSJA parents, regardless of home language or status.
- The program is offered at nine different locations so that parents from all over the district can have access to opportunities.
- Through their participation, parents are able to continue their education
- Learn valuable skills and trades
- Become informed and involved in their child’s school campus
- Become confident role models for their families
- Obtain certificates
Norma Garza, Director
Phone: (956) 354-2216
Fax: (956) 354-3042
Address: 317 W. Gore Ave. Pharr, 78577