PSJA Southwest Early College High School, Class of 2021
Associate Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from South Texas College
Plans to Attend: The University of the Incarnate Word
What are your goals and aspirations?
After graduating this year, I hope to go to college where I will pursue a degree in theatre. When I am done I want to travel and gain some experience in the performance industry, and eventually come back to the valley to spread the knowledge I have gained from university and real life experiences to help show others the importance and beauty there is in theatre.
- UIL One Act Play Honorable Mention Award 2018, 2019, 2020
- All-Star Cast Award 2018, 2020, 2021
- Top Performer Award 2018, 2021
- UIL 2019 Poetry Regional Qualifier
- UIL Film Awards 2021 State Qualifier Placing 1st and 2nd in Documentary
- UIL Theatrical Design State Qualifier for Costume Design
- Southwest Cheer Captain 2020-2021 Season
- "Pin it Forward" Award for Cheerleader Leadership in 2019, 2020, 2021
- UCA All American Cheerleader for 2019,2020, and 2021
What has the PSJA Early College Program done for you?
Thanks to the early college program I have not only been given the opportunity to prepare for what college is like once I graduate, but I have gotten a jump on my education. I will have the opportunity to finish my schooling in a fraction of the time and the cost in a way that would not be possible otherwise.
How do you feel about your experience at PSJA?
I have nothing but positive experiences with my time at PSJA. I have been given access to all the resources I need to be successful in school and and out of school, especially when it comes to supplies. I was blessed with teachers and staff that did everything they could to prepare me for the next steps of my life, and I was granted the support I needed to make leaps in my education.
What would you like to say to your PSJA Family?
Thank you PSJA for teaching me from the time I was 4 years old until now that I am 18 years old. You have done so much for me these past years, I just hope I can return the favor one day. We have built an amazing family, and I am proud to say that I am forever apart of it.