District Response #1 | March 12, 2020
Good evening PSJA Family,
This notice is to let you know we will be starting our Spring Break early this year. There will be no school tomorrow, Friday, March 13, 2020 as a precautionary measure as our county, state and nation continue to evaluate and monitor the coronavirus. The Hidalgo County Health Department has no confirmed cases at this time.
All district employees will also be off unless contacted by their supervisor. At this time, we will continue to have the regularly scheduled Spring Break from March 16-20. If there is a need to extend this time you will be notified next week as we continue to monitor the situation. All school-sponsored travel has been cancelled at this time.
We encourage you to continue to keep practicing preventive measures such as:
· Washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
· No sharing of food or drinks
· Avoid touching face and handshaking
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick
· Stay home when you are sick
· Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
For more preventive measures and recommendations from health officials you may visit www.psjaisd.us/flu. Thank you!
-Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District