About the School
Gus Guerra Elementary Mission
Our mission at Gus Guerra Elementary is to develop literacy and creative minds in students that will become problem-solvers and productive citizens. Working collaboratively with parents and the community, we will provide students with ultimate, innovative, instructional programs that will produce literate life-long learners.
Gus Guerra Elementary Vision
We envision our school as a place where children are actively involved in learning experiences in an environment that is learner-centered, challenging and nurturing. Students are excited as they engage in real life learning experiences where they explore, experiment, and research through creative problem-solving and critical skills in cooperation and collaboration with each other.
Beliefs for Guerra Elementary
1. We believe that the purpose of education is to prepare students to become productive and self supporting citizens.
2. We believe that effective schools, given the proper facilities, should provide a warm, supportive environment, which fosters the whole child emotionally, intellectually, physically and socially.
3. We believe that a successful student is self-motivated, has self-esteem, communicates effectively, thinks logically, and is literate.
4. We believe that excellent teachers are caring, open-minded, knowledgeable, patient, and willing to apply different methodologies knowing that our students are tomorrow's leaders.
5. We believe that leaning is fun and an on-going process, which occurs when it is relevant,challenging, motivating and interesting.
6. We believe that parents should be supportive, responsible, cooperative and involved in the education of their children by instilling the importance of an education and encouraging them to set and achieve goals.
7. We believe that a quality instructional program includes a relevant, well-planned curriculum, which is motivational, consistent, and meets the various need of student.
8. We believe that the community should be supportive, involved and well informed.
Academic & Extracurricular Programs
-Rangerettes Dance Team
Students: Start 7:55 AM - End 3:40 PM
Teachers: Start 7:50 AM - End 4:10 PM