About PSJA Library Services
LIBRARY INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCE PROGRAMVISIONThe Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD Library Instructional Resource Program is an essential component to student success. Our program seeks to promote 21st Century learning by fostering an atmosphere that encourages inquiry, excellence and diversity.MISSIONThe Pharr-San Juan-Alamo ISD Library Instructional Resource Program promotes and encourages independent reading, engages students in developing 21st Century thinking skills, ensures that all students are effective and ethical users of information sources and promotes equitable access to all forms of information media.GOALS
- Teach students to think critically and independently to construct new understandings and insights from varied information sources.
- Lead and embrace the integration of technology to enhance learning.
- Connect communities of learners in virtual and physical spaces.
- Collaborate with teachers to design rigorous learning experiences.
- Maximize access to quality print and digital resources.
- Promote the development of life long readers.
- Nurture curiousity to develop in students a passion for learning
Amy Marquez, Library Innovation Strategist, MLS
2023 Regional Teacher of the Year
2022 PSJA ISD Secondary Teacher of the Year
2022 TCEA Librarian Media Specialist of the Year
2022 Upstart Innovative Programming Award Recipient
956-354-2041 ext. 1193
704 W. Ridge Rd
San Juan, TX 78589