LBJ MIDDLE SCHOOL
Basically, the control of student grooming is a parental matter; however, it is essential that some school rules exist so that the learning atmosphere will not be disrupted by fads that may lead to disruptions and distractions.
The policy governing campus dress and groom shall be enforced uniformly and fairly by the faculty and administration. It shall be the responsibility of the professional staff to determine the appropriateness of proper dress for school occasions.
The District prohibits pictures, emblems or writings on clothing that:
1) Are lewd, offensive, vulgar or obscene.
2) Advertise or depict tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, drugs or any other substance prohibited under FNCF (L).
Students should abide by the mandatory uniform policy as follows:
- 6th grade will wear a gray T-shirt with LBJ logo
7th grade will wear a white T-shirt with LBJ logo
8th grade will wear a black T-shirt with LBJ logo
- Only white, black, or gray undershirts are allowed, shirt must be tucked in unless the shirt is no longer than the wrist.
Shirts that are too large or long will not be allowed. Students must wear their shirt size
- Only blue denim, black, or khaki jeans / pants, “knee-length” shorts will be allowed, as well as capri pants or “knee-length” skirts for the girls (No writings or designs of any kind allowed) Clothing that is torn, too baggy or more than 2 sizes too large will not be allowed. Pants/trousers and shorts must be worn to the waist.
- Shirts shall be worn inside jeans, slacks, shorts, or skirts, unless the shirt itself is no longer than the wrist length.
- Shirts that do not cover the stomach area or midriff will not be allowed.
- Clothing that is torn, ripped, frayed, or cut on or above the knee is prohibited
- Girls shall wear appropriate undergarments which should not be visible.
- Long overcoats during warm weather, bandanas, any head gear (hats, caps, etc.) and sunglasses are prohibited. Earrings or studs for boys are also prohibited. Body piercing or body clips on males and females is not allowed.
- During the winter months, only jackets or sweaters with buttons or zipper in the front may be worn. Pullover sweaters are not allowed. Any jacket or sweater is prohibited during the warm weather.
- Footwear shall be worn to school. Shoes with metal taps or noise-making devices are prohibited. No flip-flop type sandals are allowed.
- Over-sized buckles and belts; chain or metal belts; chains on wallets; inappropriate lettering on belts or buckles; and stripes, checks, or designs on belts are prohibited
- Hair must be clean and neatly combed. Boys’ hair shall not extend beyond the bottom of the collar. Spiky hairstyles, including mo-hawks, hair tails, shaved designs, letters and numbers are prohibited. Administrator will determine if hair color is disruptive or distracting to the learning environment. Sideburns shall not extend beyond the bottom of the earlobe. Mustaches shall be neatly trimmed. Beards are not permitted.
The uniform policy is mandatory and students must wear the required uniform. If the principal or assistant principal determines that a student’s grooming violates the uniform policy, the student shall be given an opportunity to correct the problem at school. If not corrected, the student shall be assigned to Team Detention for the remainder of the day or until a parent or designee brings an acceptable change of clothing to the school.
Repeated offenses may result in more serious disciplinary action. Appropriate discipline procedures shall be
followed in all cases.